Technique Level 1
In Level 1 students learn the basic skills necessary to develop the physical strength, muscle awareness, and mind-body connection required for Bellydance. Students learn the unique muscle isolations and coordination specific to Zaia’s format and style.
In Level 1 students also learn the basic elements of rhythmic timing and the use of quarter- time and half-time beats with the basic Bellydance movements.
Level 1 Covers:
- Warm up and drill exercises to strengthen specific muscle development required to belly dance safely and correctly.
- Basic muscle isolation required for basic hip work.
- The breakdown of the standard posture, feet positions and basic arms used throughout all the levels taught by Zaia.
- The identification of muscle contractions needed for movement execution and isolation of muscle groups.
- The breakdown of timing used uniquely within the certification program and Zaia’s style of dance.
- Basic use of Zills with drills.
- Basic use of the veil as a prop.
- A fun, light-hearted combination at the end of class.